Membership in SIPES Houston is a 3-step process.
- Download and fill out the appropriate Membership Application form below and send it to us for processing.
- After you receive an email from us with approval for a SIPES membership, fill out the Website Access Registration form here.
- You will be logged in automatically after submitting the registration form, now complete your SIPES Houston membership by paying your annual dues for either Full Membership, Limited Membership, or Affiliate Membership.
Full Membership requires at least twelve years of experience. Limited Membership is for those who are employed.
Credit is given for time spent working toward a degree. SIPES has a membership reciprocity agreement with the Division of Professional Affairs (DPA) of the American Association of Petroleum Geologists (AAPG) and with the Society of Petroleum Evaluation Engineers (SPEE).
The Houston Chapter also has a Houston Chapter Affiliate category available for those who do not qualify for the categories above. Chapter Affiliates are not associated with nor members of the SIPES National Organization. Chapter Affiliate designation shall be restricted to persons associated with an enterprise that is actively engaged in application of earth sciences or a student studying earth science.
Ready to get started? First, determine which membership category you might qualify for:
For applicants who are self-employed with freedom of choice of clients and business associates.
A Limited Membership category is available for applicants who are employed.
Houston Chapter Affiliate is for those who do not qualify for membership.
Benefits of SIPES Membership
- Great Networking Opportunities!
- Monthly Newsletter
- Annual Conventions
- SIPES Membership Directory
- The Deal Buyers List
- Continuing Education Seminars
- Independents’ Day Parties
- Lunch Meetings & Lectures at the Petroleum Club every 3rd Thursday
- Professional and Ethical Standards