- This event has passed.
SIPES Houston Chili Cook-Off!
April 9 @ 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm CDT$20.00 – $100.00
The Society of Independent Professional Earth Scientists (SIPES), Houston presents:
2022 SIPES Houston Chili Cook-Off
Date: Saturday, April 9th, 2022
Time: 12:00pm – 4:00pm
Venue: Under the Radar Brewery, 1506 Truxillo St, Houston, TX 77004
Whether you’re competing or consuming – come join the fun!
Ticket includes two beers, chili, Fritos and the chance to win Landman Life swag!
2022 SIPES Chili Cook-Off Participant Instructions
Thank you for registering to compete in the first, hopefully annual, SIPES Chili cook-off. Here are a few key points that will help answer any questions you might have. If you have questions that weren’t answered don’t hesitate to contact me at leaseburgeEXP@gmail.com.
- While the event is called a “cook-off” there won’t be any cooking on location. Please either cook your chili the morning of the event or the night before. I know some people prefer to cook the day before as to let the chili rest overnight.
- Please arrive at the venue by 11:30am but feel free to come earlier. I will be there helping to set up at 11am. The event starts at noon.
- Please bring your chili in a crockpot and bring serving utensils/ladle. We should have plenty of outlets for people to plug their crockpots in along the perimeter of the courtyard. We will be supplying bowls, spoons, napkins, and Fritos but be sure to bring your own crockpot and serving utensils. Also if you have an electrical extension cord it wouldn’t hurt to bring your own though I do plan on bringing some.
- Feel free to bring more than one chili though only one may be entered into the judging.
- Children are allowed.
General Admission – $40
Cook-Off Contestant – $20
Cook-Off Deluxe Bundle – $100
– General Admission ticket
– ‘I’m an Oil Man’ hat
– $10 donation towards our Maps-in-Schools education outreach program